Saturday, November 27, 2010

Days 26 and 27

Just an update, because my stomach is hurting and I need to find food soon or it will just get worse.  Hooray for acid reflux...

I did a few mending things today, and I feel good about reducing that pile finally!

Gray pants
Cream-colored sweater
Blue pajama pants
Black and white striped skirt

So I've been productive, in between trying to figure out how to hook up my cable to my TV and my TV to my DVD/VCR which has proven impossible.  I can get sound out of the DVD player, but no picture.  Maddening.  Dad and I know there's a way to hook it all up together, but can't figure it out.  It would be easier if my TV has an S-Video slot, which it DOES NOT.  ugh.

Well, small things to gripe about, really.  I think tomorrow I'll do a muslin of at least the bodice of a dress that has a wide-ish neckline I'm concerned about.  I downloaded a couple of hat patterns from Ravelry that I can't wait to try out, but I'm determined to finish at least one baby afghan before making hats for myself.  If I go fast, I should have one done by tomorrow night.

Don't you hate it when you buy a lovely piece of fabric and have the perfect plans for it, and then it sits in a drawer for a couple of years and your plans change or you're no longer sure what to do with it?  I have some really pretty wool plaids that have been haunting me for at least two years (one of them for close to 10...eep) and I can't decide if I want to do a skirt with kick pleats or an A-line or a pencil skirt or if it should be mid-calf or just below my knee or ankle-length, and I'm worried that I'll cut into that pretty fabric, sew something, and end up hating it.  It's happened before, sadly, and so I sit on fabric for years and years because I'm afraid of hating it when it's sewn, and I won't have any extra to fix it or remake it.  It drives me NUTS.  And this is why I have so much fabric just sitting around in drawers and piles and boxes.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Yea for crossing things off!