Sunday, November 14, 2010

Days 13 and 14

Yeah, yeah.  I missed yesterday.  At the end of the day, after I'd turned off my computer, I realized I hadn't blogged anything like I'd wanted to, and then I was too tired to care.  I don't think anyone's going to come after me for missing a day, but I kind of feel bad--the goal was to blog every day in November and I missed one. 

Oh well, right?  Not that big a deal. :)

Today I had wanted to make a Christmas tablecloth for my mom but the main fabric hasn't been preshrunk and I don't wash things on Sunday.  I'll throw it in the wash first thing tomorrow and let it run while I do some errands.  Since tomorrow is pay-day, I plan to hit up Heindselman's in Provo (ignore the negative reviews; it's a wonderful store!) to get some size 11 double-pointed knitting needles so I can make a hat from the chunky Wool-Ease I've had sitting around for a  year.  Since I only have a vague idea of what size I am anymore, I am also bracing to try on pants because I have a Gap groupon that must be used this week or I'll lose $25.  I may or may not cruise to JoAnn and see what the new patterns are, but that's really contingent on how much money I can spend.  Just because it's pay day doesn't mean I'll have a lot of play money.

Let's see.  What to blog about today?  Something easy, again.  In 2006, I signed up to do a table for our Relief Society Christmas party.  I have quite a few music boxes that hadn't been displayed for a while, and I used my mom's Christmas dishes and napkins and tablecloth.  I used to work for San Francisco Music Box Co., which is WHY I have so many music boxes, and when the store closed I took home several plastic risers we used for displays and some random bits and pieces, including some pine bough picks.  I used a riser under the main water globe and disguised it with the picks.  Two of my favorite Santa figures/music boxes EVER were on either side right on the table.  I used some Christmas bead garlands around the picks to make it more festive.  It was so much fun!  Someday, when I have my own house, I would love to go all out for Christmas like that.  I have so much Christmas stuff...well, it's not THAT much, really, but I have a lot of ornaments and tinsel and other things.  I don't let myself buy more unless it's really pretty or unusual.  I ask myself, "will I regret not buying this someday?" and if the answer is "yes", I buy it.  Case in point:  last year, Target had the CUTEST penguin melamine dishes for Christmas, and I didn't get them.  I have regretted it so much that I'm going to splurge on this year's penguin option, even though it's not quite as cute as last year's.  This is also why I have a dozen bright pink ice skate Christmas ornaments, trimmed in white faux fur and white pompoms...

Anyway...ha ha.  Pictures!