Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 28

Just a quick update on a couple of things.  I bought the most beautiful (to me, anyway) corduroy last year (see above!), intending to make a dress using Vogue 8411, but after reading several reviews on PatternReview.com, I decided that maybe corduroy may not be my best option for this dress even though I can see it in my mind.  There are too many things I'd have to mess with around the neckline.  I got some good inspiration from Boden, though, and plan to go through my patterns to see what I can use/alter/smoosh together.  Thoughts, anyone?

Today, I worked out an arrangement of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" for my ward choir--it still needs some tweaking and a transition (I'm starting with the British version, to the tune of "I Saw a Mighty Angel Fly", and going into the American version for the third verse) but it's coming along pretty well.  I am also within about 4 rows of finishing an afghan for a friend's baby and should have that totally done by the end of the week!  I'm excited!  Considering the baby was born in August!  ha ha!

Anyway, I feel sufficiently motivated to cross a lot of things off my huge project list.  It's a great feeling!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I wish we were singing arrangements of traditional Christmas hymns in our choir. Almost makes me want to not show up. But we're still going.

One thing with quilting, it's easier to get coordinating fabric if I happen to cut wrong and end up making a new "design decision" than if I were doing clothes. But I do hold off on the quilting because I'm just sure I'm going to do it wrong.