Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10

Finally fixed my lamp.  My fingers are sore, I'm tired, and I'm grumpy about it, but I'm glad I finally fixed it.  I had to reconnect the wires in the socket, but I couldn't get the new socket off.  At some point yesterday it must have gotten bent and as I was trying to take it off, it broke.  I ended up cutting the wire since I couldn't get inside to the switch any other way.  After another 45 minutes, it's ready to go.  For now.  The rod inside it has mysterious rust so that'll have to be replaced eventually.  Right now is not that time.  At all.  I wouldn't be surprised if the darn thing fell over and broke all on its own.

Stupid favorite lamp...

Remember how I broke my mom's water globe?  Here is where I'll probably get a replacement globe.

So I have a frustrating story and a link.  I think that's good for today, especially since I said I was going to bed two hours ago and I'm obviously not nestled anywhere but at my desk until this gets published.

Done.  Good night.

No comments: