Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 4

Well, last night got away from me and I didn't turn on my computer and peacefully blog like I thought I would when I got home from work.  Here's how it broke down:

Thursday night
5:00--think I'm leaving work but then a private client of my boss comes in for an appointment with him at 5.
5:20--finally leave the office after boss is 20 minutes late from a meeting.
5:35--arrive at home.
5:37--dad tells me he's going over to the church to help with a Relief Society activity I had decided I didn't have time to attend.
5:38--figure I might as well go if my dad is going to be helping.
5:39--scoop two litter boxes.
5:45--think about what to wear as I vacuum the basement.

6:15--finish vacuuming, think about showering because vacuuming got my heart-rate up, change my mind.
6:16--pull out my black sequined skirt (I didn't make this one because it was cheaper to buy it), hold my breath and cross my fingers that it fits, debate shaving my legs and then figure no one will notice if I just wear nylons.
6:27--finish getting dressed after trying on two different tops and going with the coral cardigan instead of the purple satin blouse, decide to wear flats since I wore heels Wednesday night.
6:27:30--put on makeup.
6:35--finish makeup, close blinds and curtains, make sure cats are fed, lock the doors, turn on the outside .lights, check the caller ID on the phone, grab my keys, drive to the church which is 2 suburban blocks away.
6:40--get to the church, have a WONDERFUL time, eat a WONDERFUL meal, talk so some WONDERFUL people, get several compliments on my skirt, be grateful for such a great ward and the chance to wear something sparkly two days in a row.
9:30--drive a friend home, say hi to her kids, compliment her house with "it looks like a family lives here!"
9:40--get to my own house, say hello to my sister, think about doing dishes, do laundry instead, process some bad news about someone else.
10:10--get laundry out of washer, hang it to dry in my room (easier than letting it wrinkle sitting in the dryer overnight).
10:20--have prayer with dad and sister, wash face, brush teeth.
10:40--clean scarves off my folding screen, dig out two other sets of fabric panels for it, get it ready for a friend to borrow this weekend.
10:57--realize it's no use booting three of the four cats off my bed and settle in to (finally) sleep.
Friday morning
12:04 AM--wake up to let Gidget out.
2:47 AM--wake up to let Zelda out
5:20 AM--wake up to let Branwyn out and Cassidy in
6:40 AM--actually get out of bed

So, you see, nothing got blogged.  And there is nothing in this blog that deals directly with creativity...except that I made the fabric panels for my screen!  It came with boring white, and I lived in a basement bedroom when I got it for my birthday and wanted it to be colorful.  I took some measurements, calculated the yardage I needed, and made three other sets of panels.  Right now, the screen is white because my bedroom is light periwinkle with bright pink curtains and the panels I'd made to match the other bedroom don't really match this one.  One of these days, I'll find some really great graphic fabric in pink or yellow or black and make more panels.  That would be fun.  It's fun to have a piece of furniture that is easily customizable!

PS:  We have four cats.  The smallest (Gidget) is 10 pounds.  Brannie, the biggest, is at least 14.  They are very spoiled and very loved.

No comments: