Monday, May 26, 2008

Already some resources, and the patterns I bought today.

Amy Butler fabrics are gorgeous, and speaking of gorgeous, check out Gorgeous Fabrics.

Pricey, but if you're looking for something unique and funky, these look like the places to go. Amy Butler's stuff is almost as good as the Liberty of London prints I can't stop googling.

Here are the patterns I bought today and Saturday:


Vogue 8211. I want to find a pretty floral canvas for this one, and line it in a stripe. I'll probably end up doing View C (on the far right) with long sleeves, but I'm not sure yet. I have to find fabric first.





Simplicity 3744. I like the lines and the cute front pockets, and would love to do it out of a pique print.












My sister Bethani once showed me a picture of a wedding dress she liked, and it was very similar to the short-sleeved view of this version of Grace Kelly's wedding gown. I'd been drooling over the pattern for a while and decided to just get it while they were less than $4.00. If she'll let me, I'd love to make her dress when the time comes!



Vogue 8028. Nothing much different from a pattern I've had for 10 or 15 years, but the black and white view has a certain 30s vibe that I couldn't resist.






Simplicity 3530. I love Project Runway, and I think it's great that Simplicity has picked up this contract. The black view (short sleeves with the lace trim) is very much like my current favorite tunic/shirt style. I'd do it without the lace and probably with a lower neckline. If I make a dress from this, I'd love it in a pink print on white, maybe in a voile or gauze.











Simplicity 4047. Speaking of Grace Kelly...I really liked the blouse and skirt on this and may be persuaded to make the swing jacket as well.










McCall's 5400. Someday, I will make my bombshell bathing suit, and the white top in the upper middle is perfect.








McCall's 5556. I love tunics and this one has some great details. I'm thinking a light-weight brocade or one of the "sari" fabrics on clearance at JoAnn right now.



3 comments:

Robbie said...

so cute! you are very talented!! can't wait to see the finished project(s)!

Tropicanna said...

OK, I'm not some creepy Mormon girl who ogles wedding dresses at every opportunity... but I kid you not when I say that the Vogue wedding dress you have posted here is the one and only wedding dress I have ever cut out of a magazine in the hopes that I may have one like it someday. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! My name is Claudia and I am from Argentina.

I wonder if you would be so kind write to me to see whether you have a picture with a bettyer resolution of the vogue wedding dress -the modern grace kelly style- that you posted since I intend to use some ideas for my own wedding.

I would really appreciate it if you can contact me.

My email address is major_sky at hotmail dot com
Thanks!