- December got busy even though I wasn't rehearsing for or performing in anything.
- I got a stomach bug right after Christmas.
- I came down with a second bout of bronchitis in January, which was accompanied by a day of abdominal spasms so bad I cried in pain and then couldn't eat for a week because everything hurt too much. I'm not kidding--I could feel the connective tissue between my ribs, and it HURT. And it lasted a month.
- And then I was sewing and packing and crocheting for my two-week trip to Japan in March, and five days after I got back from Japan via Oakland, I rented a car and drove to Phoenix for a symposium.
- And then I looked for work and went on many interviews, and finally got a part-time gig at Michael's.
Here is what I need to finish:
- So many hats. So many.
- Crocheting a billion little hearts for the kids at church.
- My niece's afghan.
- My sister's friend's jaunty tam to wear during chemo.
- So much mending and altering. So much.
- A crocheted kitty for one of the neighborhood children.
- A granny square pillow for my youngest nephew.
- Sewing for me in general (still discouraging because of the weight gain--my good winter coat doesn't fit, and I spent GOOD money on it, so I'm even more annoyed).
- Curtains for my sister-in-law.
- Slip cover for my new little storage bench--it's a pretty dark red, but that doesn't match my bedroom.
You see? You see how annoying and frustrating this all is? BLAR.
That's where I am. I just need to jump start something. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get away from the computer and outside in this really lovely late-summer weather we've been having (between the heavy rainstorms, of course). I need to DO SOMETHING. Every day. Even if it's a little crocheted heart that Henry the Giant Kitten will try to eat. Maybe that will get these creative juices going again. I hope.