Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What if...

What if I made wool felt hoods and my own hat blocks and proceeded to form my own miniature hats in various colors? And then proceeded to sell the undecorated hats on Etsy or eBay for others to decorate?

Would that make me insane or brilliant?

I have no idea (I'd probably vote "insane"), but I really really enjoy doing stuff like that so I might as well give it a shot, right? Granted, finding colored fiber for the felt could be a little tricky, but it's really so much easier to shape a hat on a hat block if it's already sort of in hat form instead of a flat piece of felt. This I have learned from my very limited experience.

What about TINY hats? Like 1:12 scale? PURE INSANITY. But wouldn't it be fun to curl tiny feathers for tiny hats? Yes. Yes it would. If you're insane like I apparently am.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

The line between "insane" and "brilliant" is so fine that they are often one and the same. But I can imagine you being insanely, brilliantly happy doing such a thing.