Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 8, 2009

I'm stalling.

I had a weird night, totally unrelated to sewing or creativity at all, but it's still getting to me.

Wedding dress goals for the day:
  1. Finish the underlining (two skirt panels to go, but they DO have to be pinned and smoothed out before I sew, so it takes a bit longer).
  2. Mark the darts, either by thread tracing or soapstone. Probably both, just in case.
  3. Don't be intimidated by that tricky bodice--I've done it before, I'll do it again, and it's not hard. I'm just worried about having to unpick anything because I'm afraid the needle marks will show. I'll just have to take it slow so I can
  4. Finish the basic construction and
  5. Cut out the lining.
Goals for me:
  1. Eat.
  2. Quit at 6 so I can run some errands (new ironing board cover...?) before seeing a play at 8.
  3. Get to sleep before midnight so I can
  4. Wake up early tomorrow and sew.
Should be an interesting day!

No comments: