Saturday, June 6, 2009

So here's a conundrum:

Do I put away the winter fabrics I bought several months ago and never made into anything, or do I make the projects and store them in my slightly crowded closet until I can wear them again?

Hm.

I think I'll put away some and leave some out--I've got a few yards each of charcoal and red all-season wool suiting that will be made into long skirts, and I don't have enough long skirts. I also want to make Vogue 8364 but I don't know if it would look good in one of those pretty embroidered linens from JoAnn. Maybe it would. I'm thinking the olive green with the beige/gold flowers on it would be nice in this pattern. But before I do that, I need to cut out a wedding dress pattern and wash some muslin so I can get a good start on the sloper for Emily's wedding gown! Yay!

Right now, I need to finish some laundry and put some patterns away and buy thread and a zipper for impossible-to-match yardage and serge around one more dress and cut out the other pant leg for my sister's pajamas (I didn't cut four because I'm used to doing a 1-piece leg instead of a 2-piece leg and I wasn't paying attention to the pattern...) and do some mending and some hemming and see if I have the patience to make a slip-liner with cap sleeves for a silk chiffon dress I bought 6 years ago.

Busy weekend! I hope it's productive!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Good luck! That's more than I'd attempt in a weekend.